BOTOX Cosmetic Treatments in Charlotte
Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers extensive facial cosmetic services such as BOTOX and other dermal filler injections.
Are you concerned about:
- ‘Worry’ lines between your eyebrows or forehead
- Puffy bags under your eyes
- Crows feet or age related skin damage.
- Smokers lines
Our Charlotte BOTOX® facial cosmetic surgeons will use this proven & modern therapeutic muscle-relaxing injection to target the muscles that cause wrinkles. Skin and wrinkles that develop over time smooth out when the muscle has been relaxed.
Typical BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments take only 15-20 minutes at one of our 5 Charlotte offices. Botox treatment is fast, simple and minimally invasive. BOTOX® keeps the muscles that cause lines relaxed for 2-4 months. Results are visible within 7-10 days after treatment.
BOTOX has several medical uses:
BOTOX® (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used:
- to treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults with overactive bladder due to neurologic disease who still have leakage or experience too many side effects after trying an anticholinergic medication in people 18 years and older
- to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine who have 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day in people 18 years or older
- to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
- to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older
BOTOX® is also injected into the skin to treat the symptoms of severe underarm sweating (severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis) when medicines used on the skin (topical) do not work well enough in people 18 years and older.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
*It is not known whether BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic is safe or effective to prevent headaches in patients with migraine who have 14 or fewer headache days each month (episodic migraine).
It is not known whether BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic is safe or effective to treat increased stiffness in upper-limb muscles other than those in the elbow, wrist, and fingers, or to treat increased stiffness in lower-limb muscles.
BOTOX® has not been shown to help people perform task-specific functions with their upper limbs or increase movement in joints that are permanently fixed in position by stiff muscles.
Treatment with BOTOX® is not meant to replace your existing physical therapy or other rehabilitation that your doctor may have prescribed.
It is not known whether BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic are safe or effective for severe sweating anywhere other than your armpits.