BOTOX Cosmetic Treatments
By Carolinas Center For Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery & aesthetic services in Charlotte & Rock Hill, SC.
What is Botox & How Does It Work?
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
Our Charlotte BOTOX® facial cosmetic surgeons will use this proven & modern therapeutic muscle-relaxing injection to target the muscles that cause wrinkles. Skin and wrinkles that develop over time smooth out when the muscle has been relaxed.
Typical BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments take only 15-20 minutes at one of our cosmetics offices. Botox treatment is fast, simple and minimally invasive. BOTOX® keeps the muscles that cause lines relaxed for 2-4 months. Results are visible within 7-10 days after treatment.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet. It is made from the Botulinum Toxin Type A, a protein produced by the bacteria Clostridium Botulinum, which when injected into a muscle, inhibits the release of a chemical (Acetylcholine) that would otherwise signal the muscle to contract. This inhibition of Acetylcholine prevents the muscle from contracting thus preventing the fine lines and wrinkles from forming and being apparent.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, and crow’s feet lines found around the outer portion of the eyes in adults. It has also safely been used in other “off label” areas of the face which are not FDA approved.
Approximately 10.9 million vials of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been sold in the United States since 2002, and millions of people have already made BOTOX® Cosmetic a part of what they do for themselves. Today, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world
Request A Complimentary Consultation Today
What should I expect with treatment?
- Real, noticeable results
- You may begin to notice results within 4 days with results lasting up from 2 – 4 months depending on location
- Low to no pain
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch. Nothing more than a quick prick.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes
- Our professional will discuss your treatment goals and perform an assessment of your face to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you along with how many units of BOTOX will be needed for each area.
- You’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable lines and wrinkles
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. Therefore, your treatment is performed only by licensed professionals who are highly trained in facial anatomy and BOTOX cosmetics.